CUSAT 2018 Application Form has been released from 7th February 2018. Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT), Group Discussion and Interview (if applicable) for admission to its various programmes. Candidates must obtain a valid score/ranking in entrance examination to be eligible for admission. CAT is conducted for admission to B.Tech, M.Sc (Photonics, Computer Science, Marine), BBA LL.B., B.Com LL.B., MA, MIP-PhD, LLM-PhD, MCA/MCA (Lateral Entry ), LLB, MVoc, MFSc, etc. CUSAT CAT 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. Get CUSAT 2018 details including CUSAT CAT application form, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, etc.
CUSAT Exam Dates 2018
|Starting of online application form (except Ph.D/M.Phil/Diploma or certificate programmes)||7th February 2018|
|Last date for online submission||28th February 2018|
|Registration with Rs. 100/- late fee||1st – 3rd March 2018|
|Online registration by International students||7th February to 30th April 2018|
|Extended date of Online registration for M.Tech programme (with Rs. 100/- late fee)||22nd – 30th April 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading||15th – 29th April 2018|
|Exam Date||28th & 29th April 2018|
|Issue of DAT Application Form (offline) for PhD, M Phil & Diploma Programmes||7th February to 5th March 2018|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of May 2018|
CUSAT Application Form 2018
Candidates can get the details for the CUSAT CAT 2018 application form including the application fee and modes of payment.
- Aspirants can fill the CUSAT 2018 application form through online mode only.
- The application form has been released from 7th February 2018.
- Applicants are firstly required to complete the registration process, thereafter they can proceed towards filling details in the application form.
- Without the payment of application fee, the application form will not be submitted.
- Applicants must take the printout of the confirmation page. It is the proof of the successful submission of application form.
Note: Admission to MBA course in CUSAT will be done through CAT (conducted by IIMs)/MAT or CMAT while admission into M.Tech course is done through GATE scores. DAT for M.Tech will be conducted only if sufficient GATE qualified candidates are not available. 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks will be provided to the GATE qualified candidates.
Details about the CUSAT 2018 application fee for various categories is given below:
|International Candidates/PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$100|
|Additional Fee pay by the Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||Rs.10000|
|Ph.D and M.Phil Programmes||Rs.1000 (Rs.500 ST/ST Candidates)|
|PDF,Diploma,Certificate Programmes||Rs.100 (Rs.50 ST/ST Candidates)|
Fee payment can be done through credit card/debit card/Net banking.
Note: Candidates applying for post-doctoral, M.Phil, Ph.D, Diploma or certificate programmes are required to submit the prescribed fee at the concerned department in the form of DD from SBI or SBT drawn in favour of The Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakulam.
Candidates applying for various programmes must make sure that they will satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed below:
|B.Tech/5-year Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||
|B.Tech Marine Engineering||
|BBA/LL.B. (Hons)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)||
|M Voc in Technology and Management Consulting||
CUSAT Exam Pattern 2018
CUSAT CAT is held for various course of study. Each course contains different number of questions, subjects, etc. The CUSAT examination pattern for some of the courses is given below:
- Examination Mode: CUSAT CAT will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Question Paper Type: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
- Number of Questions: Each course has different number of questions.
- Subjects: Each course will include different subjects..
- Exam Duration: The time allotted to answer the questions will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Courses||Sections||Number of Questions|
|First Year B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BBA.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)||General English||50|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matters||25|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||25|
|M Voc (Technology And Management Consulting)||Quantitative ability||30% questions|
|Data interpretation & logical reasoning||25% questions|
|Verbal & reading comprehension||25% questions|
|Current affairs in technology and business||20% questions|
CUSAT Syllabus 2018
There shall be differed syllabus for different course. The examination for first year B.Tech programme will be based on plus two syllabus. It will contain questions from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects.
CUSAT Admit Card 2018
- Availability of CUSAT 2018 admit card for CAT will be from 15th to 29th April 2018.
- The admit card will be issued online on the official website of CUSAT. However, the link for downloading the admit card will also be provided here.
CUSAT Result 2018
- CUSAT will announced the result for Common Admission Test (CAT) in the last week of May 2018.
- Candidates can check their CUSAT 2018 result by entering roll number.
CUSAT Counselling 2018
- CUSAT Counselling 2018 will be conducted for the rank holders who have qualified the CAT.
- Counselling schedule will be published on the official website of the University after test results.
- Filling of choices for courses will be allowed at the time of counselling.
- Seats are offered on the basis of choices filled for the courses and seats availability for that particular course.