In the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Ever Merciful
Sadr Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya Bharat
Dear Khuddam Brothers & Beloved Atfal!
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarkathahu
May this message find you in the best of your health and all spirits of life. Ameen
As you know, in our Community today is known as Masih Maud Day – the Promised Messiah Day! It was indeed One Hundered and Thirty One years ago, ie – Saturday 23rd March 1889 was the momentous day when Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Promised Messiah(a.s.), accepted the hands of forty faithful servants in allegiance to the Ten Conditions of Bai’at (initiation) and founded the community which he called ‘The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community’. This was a revolutionary yet a very modest beginning to a new chapter in the history of Islam.
We Celebrate Masih Maud Day on March 23 to remind the importance of this day and refresh our allegiance to the Promised Messiah (a.s) and Ahmadiyya Muslim Community according to the Ten Conditions of Bai’at (initiation) prescribed by the Promised Messaih (a.s) .
Conditions of Initiation (Bai’at)
The Promised Messiah and Mahdi (peace be upon him)
- That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death.
- That he/she shall keep away from falsehood, fornication, adultery, trespasses of the eye, debauchery, dissipation, cruelty, dishonesty, mischief and rebellion; and will not permit himself/herself to be carried away by passions, however strong they might be.
- That he/she shall regularly offer the five daily prayers in accordance with the commandments of God and the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); and shall try his/her best to be regular in offering the Tahajud (pre-dawn supererogatory prayers) and invoking Darood (blessings) on the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); that he/she shall make it his/her daily routine to ask forgiveness for his/her sins, to remember the bounties of God and to praise and glorify Him.
- That under the impulse of any passions, he/she shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by his/her tongue nor by his/her hands nor by any other means.
- That he/she shall remain faithful to God in all circumstances of life, in sorrow and happiness, adversity and prosperity, in felicity and trial; and shall in all conditions remain resigned to the decree of Allah and keep himself/herself ready to face all kinds of indignities and sufferings in His way and shall never turn away from it at the onslaught of any misfortune; on the contrary, he/she shall march forward.
- That he/she shall refrain from following un-islamic customs and lustful inclinations, and shall completely submit himself/herself to the authority of the Holy Quran; and shall make the Word of God and the Sayings of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the guiding principle in every walk of his/her life.
- That he/she shall entirely give up pride and vanity and shall pass all his/her life in humbleness, cheerfulness, forbearance and meekness.
- That he/she shall hold faith, the honor of faith, and the cause of Islam dearer to him/her than his/her life, wealth, honor, children and all other dear ones.
- That he/she shall keep himself/herself occupied in the service of God’s creatures for His sake only; and shall endeavor to benefit mankind to the best of his/her God-given abilities and powers.
- That he/she shall enter into a bond of brotherhood with this humble servant of God, pledging obedience to me in everything good, for the sake of Allah, and remain faithful to it till the day of his/her death; that he/she shall exert such a high devotion in the observance of this bond as is not to be found in any other worldly relationship and connections demanding devoted dutifulness.
May the continued victories of Ahmadiyyat witnessed by you strengthen your faith and characterize it with sincerity and devotion. May Allah so ordain that you leave all darkness behind and be illumined with His light. Should you fall into sin or error through your human weaknesses, may He enable you to encompass so much of good in His cause that it might become as though you had never sinned, for good wipes out sins. Ameen.
May Allah kindle in your hearts the flame of His love and may you constitute palpable proof that those who offer sacrifice with full devotion in His cause inherit His love. May praising and rendering thanks to Allah be your constant preoccupation and may the fountains of eternal joy burst forth from this great source of His remembrance. Ameen.
On this Masih Maud Day, my dearest Khuddam and Atfal Brothers, I pray earnestly and fervently that you become heirs to all the supplications made by the Hadhrat Masih Maud, the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace). Ameen, Summa Ameen
K Tariq Ahmad,
Humbly serving as
Sadr Majlis khuddamul ahmadiyya India.